March 22, 2010

TWEET TWEET TWEET

I'm pretty sure that most of you are not active twitter users, but I wanted to let you in on my three favorite tweeters (people who tweet... I assume they're called tweeters). They are, in no particular order:

@Bathroom_Reader -- the official tweets from the folks who write the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader books. There's no easier way to be informed of interesting (though admittedly largely pointless) trivia than following them on twitter. Some of their recent tweets:
"Washington, D.C., has one lawyer for every 19 residents."
"A coffee tree yields only about a pound of coffee each year."
"Frightening fact: Phobatrivaphobia is a fear of trivia about phobias."
(Regarding that last one, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Lang family suffers from Phobatrivaphobia. They seem to be afraid of most everything that doesn't make sense! Oh, SNAP!)

@prodigaljohn -- John Acuff, author of the Stuff Christians Like blog that inspired the book Stuff Christians Like (being released, like, now, I think). He's really, really funny. A few of his tweets:
"When I hear QT gas station ads that offer food made 'fresh in QT kitchens,' my stomach says 'Don't even think about it'"
"Someone on Amazon is selling used SCL book for $17. New is $9. It's less of a book & more of an investment opportunity http://bit.ly/bJ8vIu"
"My wife is out of town. Under my watch, my 6yr old may or may not have colored part of the 4yr old's hair pink."

@JohnPiper -- John Piper. He's a very influential pastor and author, and his tweets are jam-packed with fantastic biblical reflection. Even if you've been a Christian for years, or you're a pastor, or you've been to seminary, there's good stuff to be had with Dr. Piper's tweets. Here are a few:
"The most prostitued kiss ever. "The one I kiss is the man; seize him" (Matthew 26: 48)"
"In order to spend an hour in prayer asking God to do things in the world, you need an hour's worth of longings for the world."
"Where can I safely pour out my heart: “Pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.” (Psalms 62:8)."

There you have it. Probably my three favorite twitterers. Tweeters. People who tweet on twitter.

1 comment:

  1. We aren't scared of everything. Just things that like to hide behind costumes and that are erratic. That makes sense, right?

    ReplyDelete