March 18, 2010

Things I...

These lists aren't exhaustive by any means. I've left off many of the more obvious (I love my wife, I hate the Washington Redskins) and focused more on the "you might not know..." category.

Things I LOVE
Whitey's ice cream
The smell of a rainstorm (as Gerbert might say, "It's like the world just took a great big bubble bath!")
Clean stand-up comedy (harder and harder to come by)
Seeing a good movie at the theater with a bucket of popcorn in my lap
Playing with little people I'm related to (I'm thinking specifically of my nephews and my under-15-years-old siblings)
Hanging out with my family
The Far Side (comic strip)
New insights and understandings about the Bible and the Christian life
Listening to good music
Singing good music
Viewing live on-stage musicals and plays (!!!)
Rain
Coffee

Things I HATE
Lolly-gagging at the grocery store (or any store)
Drivers who put the safety of others in jeopardy
Dentist visits
Adults who can't be bothered to pick up after themselves
Being on-call for anything
Huge snowstorms (I don't mind having snow on the ground, but 12-inch DUMPS that alter every plan you could possibly have are annoying)

Things I DON'T UNDERSTAND
Perfectly healthy, physically able people who use the automatic door-opening button intended for use only by the disabled.
Why can't everyone be an analytic learner like me? Thousands of arguments would be avoided (and no one would ever discover anything new again...).
People who claim to LOVE pizza and then leave their crust laying all over the plate. The single most important determiner of how good a pizza is is its crust. Eat it! Or give it to me! Don't just lay it there on your plate until you throw it away.
Saying, "We need the moisture" in reference to huge snowstorms that are about to hit our city in February. I grew up in Iowa. I totally understand "we need the rain" comments, because the state pretty much exists because of corn and soybeans. What does "we need the moisture" mean in February? Who's got crops that are going to dry out in Denver if we don't have a blizzard every couple of weeks? And don't tell me "Skiers need the snow." It can snow in the mountains without touching Denver. Plus, the fabulous computer-minds of humans have developed machines that generate their own snow.

Things I WANT
A bicycle
A motorcycle (I promise, I'll break the two-wheeled vehicles streak soon)
A tripod for my camera
A carrying case for my camera
A solid wood Louisville Slugger baseball bat (don't even ask why)

No comments:

Post a Comment