May 19, 2009

The Shining

I just finished watching The Shining. You know, the Stephen King movie that stars Jack Nicholson as some creepy family killer. I've been wanting to see it ever since our visit to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park over Spring Break (the Stanley was King's inspiration for the movie). They actually have a channel on the TVs at the hotel that just loop the movie over and over again. But due to the fact that A) I didn't think it was a great idea to watch the movie for the first time while staying in the hotel on which it's based... during the biggest snowstorm of the year, and B) that Elizabeth's not into those kinds of movies anyway, I decided to wait and watch it at a later date. Which I've now done.

It's a pretty stupid movie, if you ask me. I mean, Nicholson is brilliantly demented in it... but I personally don't think he has to try that hard to be a sick, twisted creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment