May 6, 2009

e-mail attachments

Google has what it calls Google Labs, which is where they test out things that they're thinking of adding to the "cool things you can do with Google." So I guess they let people try them out for awhile and if they succeed it becomes a regular thing.

I recently added one of these labs ideas to my gmail account. Anytime I write an e-mail and mention that there's an attachment, but I forget to attach something, I get a pop-up dialogue box that says something like, "It sounds like you were thinking of adding an attachment to this message." It's awesome. Because from the conversations I've had with others, and the fact that I fairly often receive e-mails with things "attached" only to get another e-mail a few minutes later with the thing actually attached, this is a problem many people have. So, I just wanted to say that it's saved me from sending double e-mails a couple of times in the last week, and I think it's a pretty nifty thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment