May 7, 2009

Now you can see what life's really like for me

My sister-in-law, Pam, blogged about a month ago in a twittery kind of way. Each half hour she posted what she was doing. The only rule about blogging this way: No cheating. Since she encouraged others to try the same thing, I decided to take her up on it. So here's my day. Boring moments and all.

6:30 Waking up
7:00 Reading about the possibility of a Super Bowl being played in London in the not-so-distant future (if you ask me, it's one of the dumbest ideas anyone in the NFL has ever had)
7:30 On a morning walk with Elizabeth
8:00 Watching the morning news
8:30 Cutting cheese for my breakfast bagel
9:00 Discussing an "Obama" bumper sticker with Elizabeth on our drive to school/work
9:30 At work: helping take down our church's Easter cross that's been hanging from the ceiling for a month
10:00 At work: addressing postcards for a youth group mailing
10:30 No joke -- sitting on the toilet playing Sudoku on my iPod touch
11:00 At work: stuffing envelopes for another mailing
11:30 Talking with co-workers about the new Star Trek movie coming out tonight
12:00 Addressing more postcards for yet another mailing (I promise I do more at work than mail things, use the bathroom, and chat with co-workers, but I'm not allowed to cheat and apparently the mailing stuff today all happened right around half-hour marks)
12:30 Checking out the book sale at the Denver Seminary Library
1:00 At Lowe's looking at cheap charcoal grills I could afford so we can have brats and make my wife really happy. No luck (about the grills -- but my wife's plenty happy)
1:30 Eating some lunch; watching CSI: New York
2:00 Messing around on iTunes
2:30 Messing around on Garage Band (a program that lets you create songs, jingles, and podcasts)
3:00 Looking up Hobby Lobby locations
3:30 Desperately trying to make my car start
4:00 Is there anyone on the planet who can fix our car tonight?
4:30 Waiting for the tow-truck guy
5:00 Still waiting for the tow-truck guy
5:30 It's not the starter! It's just the battery (according to the tow-truck guy). Now we're just waiting for the battery seller/installer guy
6:00 The old battery's really in there. Battery seller/installer guy is having a tough time getting it out.
6:30 Car stuff's over and taken care of! Heating up some leftovers for supper.
7:00 Getting ready to go to the store
7:30 In-between stores on our mini shopping trip
8:00 Settling in for "The Office"
8:30 My watch must be fast. "The Office" isn't quite over yet.
9:00 Blogging about what I did every half-hour today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad that your car crapped out on you! Paying for car maintenance blows.

    As a side not, my word verification is "spermuta."

    ReplyDelete