May 14, 2009

Rough night

It's been a pretty rough 24 hours. My wife has developed some kind of super nasty burn on both of her legs, the back of her neck, and her lower back. It's very painful, and it itches like crazy. We've tried every possible remedy (except the $3,000-$4,000 trip to the ER), and we couldn't get anything to work. We were both up all night (with her in much more discomfort than me). As of right now, it seems like a couple of our last-ditch efforts have started to pay off a little. She's probably gotten a couple of hours of sleep, and we think we've at least dulled the pain and itchiness. Of course, she has a final paper that's supposed to be finished sometime today, and a final exam tomorrow afternoon, and I've got a big huge "I-promise-this-test-will-absolutely-totally-kick-my-butt" final exam in less than four hours for which I am utterly unprepared.

On a happy note, I'm an uncle again! Check out Pam's blog for pictures of Micah Nathaniel Rohde.

No comments:

Post a Comment