February 16, 2009

Pizza and donuts -- heavenly

Yesterday Elizabeth and I helped a friend move. For hours. He moved from the second floor of one apartment complex to the third floor of another one about 40 minutes away. So, we spent all of Sunday afternoon carrying heavy things up and down stairs. Today we've felt aches and pains all day long because of it.

But, we were well compensated. We got to eat pizza and donuts and drink gatorade and soda. That's my kind of food.

On another note, I read a note a friend posted on facebook recently that was called "You know you're from Iowa if..." The only one that really made me laugh was, "You can name all five seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, road construction, and DAMN HOT! I'd say that's pretty accurate. It's entirely possible that one day I'll be living in Iowa again, and if that's true, I'm well aware that my mild Denver winters are going to be sorely missed. I haven't worn anything heavier than a spring jacket in over a month. Weathermen call it "bone-chilling" when the temperature is 35 or below. Our average highs are in the 40s, and it must have been 65 today. I know that this is nothing to brag about to my California-based readers, but for a 4-season kind of place at the foot of the Rockies, I've just come to realize that the climate here is much milder than most people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment