April 2, 2008

Greek

I've got some time to kill and nothing to write about.  What does that mean?  A blog entry.

Koine Greek is a difficult language to learn.  I know the rewards will be great, as my teaching and understanding of the New Testament will be greatly enhanced by knowing it, but the process is bogging me down.  I want a Matrix-style program that can be downloaded into my brain in moments that allows me to know Greek in its entirety.  Of course, I can't even afford to buy Microsoft Office for my computer, which I desperately need, so a downloadable Greek program that puts it all into my brain is probably a bit pie-in-the-sky right now.  Oh well.  I study on.

Last night my wife and I attended an alumni event here in Denver for Central College graduates.  There were about two people that I'd ever met before, but plenty of connections, networking, and conversations.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I had no idea how many Central alums were in the area.  Central's graduates also tend to be pretty cool, if you ask me.  Anyway, we had a good time, but we ended up staying later than we'd planned, so we got to bed later than planned, and we got up extra early (a result of a goofy Wednesday class schedule), so we're both really tired.

By the way, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.  A few things to consider: I have a BA in history, with a minor in religion.  I will have an MA in Biblical studies, New Testament emphasis.  Nearly every job I've ever had involves working with books or other publications, and I've liked them.  There.  Now decide my future for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment