August 3, 2010

Off my chest

I know some people who feel terrible anytime they even consider ignoring a friend request on facebook.

I'm not one of those people.

If you ask to be my friend and I can't figure out who you are from your name, our mutual friends, your profile photo (or other photos you don't have "protected" from non-friends), or any of your networks, then we are NOT FRIENDS. I'm happy to become your friend, but we'll have to establish a relationship via some other medium.

I might feel bad about ignoring friend requests if it didn't really mean anything, but my facebook settings are set up so that pretty much everything on my profile is visible only if you are my friend. There'd be no sense in trying to protect some semblance of privacy by this measure if complete strangers were routinely added to my friend list.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better... I've deleted "friends" off my list. People that I see places.

    ReplyDelete