July 28, 2010

"May God speed the day of reckoning." - Justin Taylor

Perhaps I should be embarrassed about this, but I had never heard of Andrew Peterson until yesterday morning. All of a sudden his music and information about his brand new album, Counting Stars, started showing up on a number of blogs I read and Twitter feeds I follow. Since a few of the songs from this album were available to stream on a couple of the blogs, I gave him a listen. After listening to three songs I decided I'm a big fan of Peterson (it really only took one song). He's making a rapid climb up my "favorites" ladder, and if I had the money to buy a music album right now it would be his for sure.

I've embedded two of his songs below. The first one is a music video for Dancing in the Minefields, which is a close second-favorite for me. The second "video" just plays the song The Reckoning as well as its lyrics. The Reckoning might be my new favorite song. Out of, you know, ALL the songs. That exist (even ahead of the amazing song that Emily posted last night). Anyway,  listen to these songs and then let me know if you'd like to join me in becoming an Andrew Peterson fan (or if you already are one!).



3 comments:

  1. Yes. I'm a fan. Welcome to the club. He has a hint of Chris Rice to him. A little more edgy though. I like edgy. But Chris Rice's Smell the Color Nine album was a bit more edgy too so...anyway. Yes, I'm a fan.

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joel. Yeah, I was thinking kind of a Chris Rice meets Caedmon's Call or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing Caedmon's Call this week as a matter of fact. Man I miss those bands.

    ReplyDelete