July 14, 2010

Three Years

Three years ago today I married the most wonderful woman in the world.


When I think of my life with Elizabeth, a few songs come to my mind. You can listen to them below, but I'll give you a brief description here:

Then by Brad Paisley: Goes through a couple of milestones in the life of the singer and his wife, and how during each one he thought he couldn't possibly ever love her any more deeply, but looking back he can see how much his love for her continues to grow.

Little Moments by Brad Paisley: About the "little moments" of imperfection in life that are shared between the singer and his wife. My favorite part is the bridge because it hits very close to home: "When she's laying on my shoulder on the sofa in the dark, and about the time she falls asleep so does my right arm, and I want so bad to move it, cuz it's tingling and it's numb, but she looks so much like an angel that I don't want to wake her up -- yeah, I live for little moments like that."

The Good Stuff by Kenny Chesney: After the "first big fight" between the singer and his gal he heads to a bar where, instead of alcohol, he gets some wise advice from the bartender. The "good stuff" includes, once again, all of the shared moments with the woman you love.

I know this list makes me sound like some gun-totin' redneck backwoods hick, but the truth is I grew up on country music, and it still happens to be my genre of choice most of the time... and these songs have really great lyrics (from what I know of my audience, I'm sure Emily will appreciate my song choices the most!). Don't judge me. Listen to the songs.

Anyway, all of this is basically to say, Elizabeth, I love you, and my favorite part of being married to you is all of the little moments we share together that no one else will ever know about (like this one: "What? He played racquetball in his room with a tornado?"). :)

*If you're viewing this in a reader you might have to click through to be able to listen to the songs in the widget below.



No comments:

Post a Comment