December 3, 2009

Current events

Tiger Woods hit a fire hydrant. The world couldn't stop talking about it. Now it's come out that he's apparently had an affair. That's too bad. I'll be praying for him and his family. But I won't be reading every Tiger-related headline or seeking to know every bit of gossip I can about the situation.

A couple snuck into a State Dinner at the White House. A couple of weeks ago wouldn't that have sounded like the most ridiculous sentence in the world? Today I read that some of the secret service agents on duty that night might get fired. I should hope so! I mean, I think secret service agents ought to be respected and thanked for what they do, and I don't like it when people get fired... but if they don't DO what they're paid to do and you're their boss why wouldn't you fire them? Football coaches get fired if they don't win games. I would guess that firefighters would get fired (no pun intended) if they failed to put fires out. If your job is to keep uninvited guests out of the White House and they end up shaking hands with the President of the United States, you should probably not have that job anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment