October 22, 2009

Photography

First it was Joel's fault, because apparently he's the one who chose the camera. Then it was Pam's fault, because she had to tell everyone about it. Then it was Joel's fault again because he provided some specifics. And now, most disappointingly, it's my fault because I can't stop thinking about photography and researching different cameras and picture-taking tips.

In college I took a photography class. It was great. I borrowed a friend's camera. I learned about aperture settings and depth-of-field and shutter speed and how to compose a photo and lots of other very cool stuff. For one semester it was a hobby... for which I got credit. Today I realized that maybe the biggest reason why I enjoy photography so much is because it's a very introverted activity. It can also be somewhat mentally challenging (depending on what/who/why you're taking pictures), and very creative. So I want to take up photography again. But, of course, I need a good camera. Looks like I'm now in saving mode too.

Hey Joel and Pam, when you get your camera, will you invite me over to look at it?

3 comments:

  1. Certainly, but it will be a little while! You really need a rewards points mastercard...they rock. The points add up more quickly than you'd expect if you put everything on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Elizabeth are already invited over 100% of the time. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing, but turns out we don't spend enough money to get a camera quickly. It'll take us over 8 months to get $100 back. At this rate, we'll have a camera in about 5 years. For real. Boo.

    ReplyDelete