October 24, 2009

I'm very excited about this.

Ever since, well, just about forever (probably high school) I've wanted a decent leather coat. The problems over the years have been that stores don't sell the coat I'm looking for (button-down with a collar, and long in the torso). Seriously, for some reason zippers are apparently all the rage, because good button-down leather coats are surprisingly tough to come by. Then, if stores did have the "right" coat it cost some ridiculous amount of money in the hundreds. I've never spent more than thirty or forty bucks on a coat, and I really don't ever intend to... but that also means that a decent leather coat is out of the question.

Last year for Christmas my parents-in-law gave me a JCPenney giftcard. Somehow I promptly forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago. Today we went to Penney's with no real agenda. Both Elizabeth and I were on the lookout for anything we thought we could really use that was a good price. As we walked by the men's section I saw it. The coat I've been looking for for years. It was on sale. Elizabeth said she liked it (always the final step in any clothes-buying decision), no, LOVED it. We bought it... with money to spare. In fact, we even picked up a scarf for me to wear with it.

How do I look?

2 comments:

  1. Very debonaire! Joel has a cool leather coat from a Penney's sale also, but his is missing a button. That makes it a little less cool. :)

    ReplyDelete