January 29, 2009

It's about time I had a class with this guy

Today I had my first class ever with the esteemed Dr. Craig Blomberg. I've known Dr. Blomberg since my first week as a seminary student, but I've never had him in a class. I could write forever about Dr. Blomberg's amazing brain capacity, and his New Testament expertise, but instead I'll just list the books of his that I can think of right off the top of my head. That way you can be impressed that I have such a famous friend/professor. He's written Neither Poverty Nor Riches: A Biblical Theology of Possessions, 1 Corinthians (NIV Application Commentary), Matthew (New American Commentary), The Historical Reliability of the Gospels, The Historical Reliability of John's Gospel, Jesus and the Gospels, From Pentecost to Patmos, and, among other things I just can't think of, James (the first in the new Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament series). He has co-authored/contributed to An Introduction to Biblical Interpretation, Four Views on Women in Ministry, and the just-came-out-yesterday A Case for Historic Premillenialism. In addition, he contributes regularly to scholarly journals, and is a "main character" if you will in the first chapter or two of Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ.

And that's just the stuff I can think of.

6 comments:

  1. Is that the Wife Swap guy? They actually replayed that episode a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Not anywhere NEAR the wife swap guy. Not even close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I want to read the first book you listed. I hope you keep us informed about your Dr. Blomberg experience.

    About the wife swap thing: my mom was describing this episode she saw, and that's the one it was! She was impressed that I know someone who knows someone who has pubicly swapped wives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I have that Neither Poverty Nor Riches book, so if you want to borrow it, I'd be happy to let you. Also, I read your facebook note, and I read that somehow you don't think you're funny... which is ridiculous. I consider you one of the funniest people I know. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JAKE! The pastor at my new church quoted Dr. Blomberg in his sermon tonigt! In my head, I was screaming, I KNOW ABOUT HIM!! I didn't say out loud though because I didn't want to look like the weird crazy girl just yet. Let them get to know me first....

    ReplyDelete