December 8, 2008

Gay marriage arguments are everywhere!

At first I wondered why so much of my blog-reading was dealing with gay marriage lately. Then (silly me) I remembered that California passed Proposition 8 last month, which defines marriage as being between one man and one woman. Now the media are out in force to tell Californians (and residents of other states where similar propositions were passed) how massively they screwed up.

Here is a link to the latest Newsweek cover article on gay marriage. Here is a link to the editorial note in Newsweek that accompanies the aforementioned article.

When you're done with those, if you want to read about what Christians really believe (and not just the liberal distortion of it), check out this post by Al Mohler, and this harsher post by Mark Hemingway.

And let me add one personal note in reference to Lisa Miller's Newsweek article above; As a serious student who is working his butt off every day in pursuit of a rather difficult-to-attain degree in Biblical studies, I found Miller to be not only completely offensive and insulting, but a downright mockery. I feel bad not just for Biblical scholars who have been so nastily misrepresented, but for all Christians everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment