March 24, 2008

Weekend

Easter weekend was quite a rush. We had some friends visiting on Friday afternoon from Arkansas, so we took a tour of the Coors brewery. Then my folks with their four foster boys arrived Friday evening to stay for a couple of nights. Eight people living in a 1-bedroom apartment is kind of interesting, by the way. We had a lot of fun with my family, though. They left early on the morning of Easter, which was also my birthday. It was a good day. Elizabeth and I went to the early service at church, and then made red velvet cake when we got home. We went out and saw The Bucket List in the afternoon, which is a very good flick. I would recommend it to you. It was the first movie we've seen in a theater in almost a year (since we got married last July).

My wife got me a Jason Witten jersey for my birthday, which is super sweet. It's one of the throw-back jerseys the Cowboys only wear on special occasions. She's a sweetheart. I also bought a computer yesterday. It should be arriving in the mail later this week, and I'm excited.

Today is the first weekday of spring break, though it hardly feels like it's gonna be a "break." My wife and I both have tons of schoolwork to do this week, as well as multiple other tasks to take care of -- and I'm still working all week long. We might get out of town a couple of times for a few hours this week, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment