March 19, 2008

Debate

I had an argument with myself today. I realized that I already have a facebook account, and it seems like you can do just about all of the things you can do in a blog with your facebook account. That's when I started arguing. The beauty of facebook, you see, is also its curse. Facebook makes it so easy to find out stuff about almost everyone you've ever met. You click on a friend's profile, which reminds you of another friend, so you click on theirs, and you look at pictures of them and then you see a picture of another friend and you're curious about them so you check out their profile and so on. I'm confident that people view my facebook profile fairly occasionally just because of the nature of facebook. This blog feels much more private. It's much less convenient and easy to find people here. You can't really stumble upon my blog by accident like you can my facebook profile.

I eventually conceded the argument to... myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment