March 30, 2008

Spring Break and a new computer

This is my first blog entry on my brand new computer.  I pulled some strings with the FedEx people in order to get it on Friday night rather than waiting until Monday afternoon.  Anyway, it's a Macbook, and I'm having a lot of fun learning how to use it.  I even accidentally initiated a video conference chat with one of the pre-installed programs.  I clicked something on the screen and my friend who lives in Washington D.C. all of a sudden showed up on my screen, so we talked for awhile.

Spring break is drawing to a close tonight.  It wasn't really THAT much of a break.  I worked four days, did taxes, filled out a FAFSA, and took a really difficult Greek exam.  Fortunately, Elizabeth and I did get to have SOME fun.  On Thursday afternoon we drove to Laramie, Wyoming for dinner.  It was a fun little road-trip.  On Friday we "took the day off," and drove to Silverthorne to do a little shopping at the outlet mall.  Don't tell, but we also took a little detour on the way home to do some gambling -- a sort of belated birthday present for my wife.  She's had a tougher week than me.  In fact, as I type she's working on a really tough test for which she was advised to set aside 20-25 HOURS.  Ridiculous.

So anwho, I'm mostly just having fun typing on my Macbook right now.  Elizabeth's laptop has a broken "h" key, so any time you try to type an "h" you have problems.  You kinda get used to it, but now that I DON'T have problems, the world seems different!

Oh, and I did my taxes all by myself.  TurboTax helped me out with my Federal and Colorado state forms, but the California and Iowa taxes were just me.  I hope I don't ever have to file in THREE different states in one year again.  It's nuts.  If I ever move to a different state I'm gonna do it at midnight on New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment