June 25, 2010

Explaining things.

I like to explain things too much.

For example, I often find myself wanting to add pages to this blog, so I'll start creating an "About Me" page or something like that. I begin typing and before I know it I've provided so much detail, and so many disclaimers about my blog that any reader would just think I was insane.

Or, how about another example: Not long ago I ventured the idea of starting a West Wing blog (from where I would blog my way through the television series, episode by episode). Since then, I've been working on setting one up. I keep adding pages to it so that I can describe the exact process I will be using, or writing disclaimers about my lack of political expertise, or explaining how at first I was going to write one type of blog, but now I've decided to do it a different way... All kinds of information that is simply evident to anyone who reads the blog itself.

It's as if I don't believe in the phrase "it goes without saying." I just want to say everything by way of explanation.

(I mean, look at this post, for crying out loud! I'm even explaining details about how I explain too many details!)

No comments:

Post a Comment