February 21, 2010

We ate at Tuesday... on a Sunday

Last weekend Elizabeth and I wanted to go out to eat to celebrate Valentine's Day. We discovered that there's not really a decent restaurant in the Denver area that has really good options for people who are being careful about the calories they eat.

Today a nice couple from church invited us out to lunch and we went to Ruby Tuesday. Turns out Ruby Tuesday is a GREAT place to eat if you're trying to eat healthy. They have a lot of (good-tasting) options in the 500-calorie range, and their salad bar is about as good as you'll find in casual dining restaurants.

A year ago if you'd told me that I'd someday write a blog post in which the dominant topic is the calorie count of food I would have had you committed to a looney bin.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but if you told me in college that Mr. "I only run if someone's chasing me" was going to start running recreationally, I would have put you in the looney bin too. :) 500 calories meals is pretty ambitious while training - read ahead and check out the two or three chapters that deal with hydration and nutrition (they're around the 8-10-11 mile long run weeks) to make sure you're "fulfilling all righteousness," as my Greek prof would say. Starting to work with the tips/habits early in the program helps when the mileage gets longer, and you have to have that good foundation to be successful. I know my parents read the entire book ahead then re-read chapters as they correspond with training weeks and that's been really helpful. Anyway, we'll have to talk training when you're down here in a couple weeks so I stop congesting your comment space. :)

    ReplyDelete