February 22, 2010

The "H" word

I've been trying to hold the "H" word in for quite some time, but I can't take it anymore, so I'm going to say it. I HATE snow.

I'm responsible for making sure all the sidewalks around our church are shoveled, snow-blown, or whatever else I have to do so that people won't slip and fall. It's snowed every Sunday morning so far this month. I'm asking for ONE February Sunday free of snow-blowing responsibilities. It's additionally irritating because I'm in the midst of leading a Sunday morning class.

I don't know how many of the last few Mondays it's snowed too, but when it snows on Mondays it makes my already-too-full-and-too-frustrating Mondays even worse.

Sundays and Mondays are the only days of the week I REALLY don't want it to snow... and I'm pretty sure those are the only days it's snowed for the past month.

That's me complaining. I'm done now. It's off my chest.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's probably going to snow again on this last Sunday in February, but most likely won't lead to much accumulation. Cross our fingers, my dear!

    I've decided that you should never have a job in which you are required to be "on call." I don't know if you've recognized it, but you have a common anger towards the snow and toward our apartment managing job we held. Maybe you should start putting in your resume- "I don't do 'on call' unless you enjoy having an extremely crabby employee."

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete