February 20, 2010

Bad olympic timing

I like the olympics, but when it comes to the winter olympics, I'm kinda picky about which sports I enjoy watching.

I like: Most skiing events (moguls, super-G, slalom, ski-jumping), speed skating (both short and long tracks), snowboarding (half-pipe and snowboard cross), hockey. Maybe some others.

I don't like: figure skating, ice dancing, cross-country skiing, luge.

My wife's not wild about the olympics, so we haven't turned them on much over the last week. But every time I've turned them on this week, it's been a sport I don't like. If on a given night NBC is going to broadcast ski-jumping, ice dancing, and snowboard cross, it doesn't matter when I turn it on, they'll be just finishing ski-jumping or snowboarding and starting the half-hour of ice dancing.

I don't know how my timing has been so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment