November 18, 2009

Apologies... it's just another link

Sorry to keep posting just to direct you elsewhere, but I really thought THIS post (again, from Kevin DeYoung) was worth pointing out. It deals a little bit with women and ministry, but not so much in a "this is what I believe" way... more like a "it's an interesting division in the church" way.

At some point I just might stop linking to DeYoung's blog, so it'd be worth your while to subscribe to it on your own. I haven't read his books yet (though I've wanted to quite badly), but he's definitely one of my favorite bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I'm reading a book on men and women in the church right now, and it's from an interesting perspective too. It's written by a woman that emphasizes the need for repentance on both sides of the aisle, and argues that neither egalitarians or complementarians are really relying solely on scripture as most like to say they are. Her examination of how tradition and surrounding culture influence us is interesting. She's also anti modern feminism but pro females serving in churches in whatever capicity God gifts them. It's a decent read, although I'm kind of bored of this topic in general right now...

    ReplyDelete