September 24, 2009

Groovin' with the sharks

I just discovered grooveshark.com, a site which I will be using quite often in the future, I'm sure. It allowed me to quickly and easily create the widget you see in the right-hand column of my blog (if you're reading this in a reader you'll have to come to my blog to check it out) that will play whatever songs I want it to. Right now the three options I've got for you are a few of my current favorites: "Proud of Your Boy" by Clay Aiken (this was originally going to be a song on Disney's animated classic Aladdin but it got dropped when they made Aladdin an orphan, I guess... it can be found on the extra features of the DVD, which I'm not embarrassed to say I own and watch from time to time), "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, and "Rushing Wind" by Keith Green. I would most strongly encourage you to listen to Keith Green. Whenever you can. The guy's amazing.

The more fun part about Grooveshark.com for you would be that you can play any song you want on demand there. So when you're on iTunes and you only get to listen to a 30-second clip of the song and you wish they'd play the whole thing, just go to Grooveshark.com and you can! Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment