June 7, 2009

Final Four winners are here

The Final Four matchups are dynamite, but the winners have arrived. Want to know who's competing for the championship? Read on.

(Drama) A Few Good Men
(Family) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Winner: A Few Good Men
I hated to see Wonka go down, but I tend to like Aaron Sorkin-related stuff, and I tend to like courtroom dramas, and I tend to like things that are funny... so A Few Good Men is three for three there.
"You want answers?"
"I think I'm entitled to them."
"You want answers?"
"I want the truth!"
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

(Comedy) The Princess Bride
(Action) Man on Fire
Winner: The Princess Bride
Well, Man on Fire certainly had a good run, and you'll see when I post my top-to-bottom rankings that while it's pretty high up there, it was definitely the beneficiary of a weak genre. Unfortunately, not a real threat to the masterpiece that is The Princess Bride.
"Good bye, boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!"
"Think it'll work?"
"It'd take a miracle. Buh-bye!"

So here we go. The championship contest is set. Will it be A Few Good Men taking down the 20+ year old classic, or will The Princess Bride overcome the all-star cast and brilliant dialogue of the best court-based movie in the land?

1 comment:

  1. this is Jaron...

    "I've got some oregano. I here that works pretty good."

    ReplyDelete