June 28, 2009

Choosing leftovers

I have a weird wife. I don't think anyone will be surprised to hear that.

An example:
When deciding which leftovers from the fridge she wants to eat, her primary criterion is whether or not she can finish a certain dish off so that the container can be removed from the fridge and washed. So, if we have manicotti, taco soup, and tuna casserole in the fridge she will say to herself something like, "Well, there is really only one serving of manicotti in that pan, so if I eat it then I can wash the pan and open up some space in the refrigerator. There's a lot of taco soup left, and quite a bit of tuna casserole left. I won't be able to finish off either of those. I'll have manicotti."

I have no problem with this organizationally-minded decision-making process. But I think it's funny.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly how I would choose what to eat. Except that if the smallest portion was my second choice, I would feed it to Gabriel instead of myself.

    ReplyDelete