March 23, 2009

25

Today was (is, technically) my birthday. I'm now 25 years old, which is kinda weird.

My wife treated me very well today. We had an AMAZING special breakfast this morning of eggs, biscuits, and gravy (after which SHE did all the clean-up). Then she took me to the bookstore to buy me a puzzle book that I've been desperately wanting (my old puzzle book is pretty much finished... so I needed a new one). Then we got Starbucks -- a special treat for us. After work I checked the mail where I had a letter from Elizabeth that was extremely sweet and touching (thanks, dear!) (I also had a card from my grandfolks... how they manage to make sure stuff gets here on the EXACT day that it should I'll never know). Then we ate at Red Robin with my free birthday burger (if you're not signed up to get a free Red Robin burger on your birthday, you're missing out), and even though I've said it before I'll say it again: Whoever decided that a fried egg should be put on a bacon cheeseburger should be given a raise and a brand new BMW, because it's AMAZING. After Red Robin, Elizabeth had another surprise for me. We went downtown and saw an improv comedy show! There were three different improv groups that performed. The first one was kinda lame, the second one was hilarious, and the third was a little of both. It was a great treat, though. Elizabeth did a great job.

Now we're home and we're tired, but not so tired that we can't watch a West Wing and eat some birthday cake and ice cream (are you EVER too tired for that?)...

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Jake. A quarter century - that's a milestone! You have a great wife - it sounds like she knows how to throw a party.

    ReplyDelete