March 18, 2009

Attractive celebrities

A couple of weeks ago Elizabeth and I watched Nights in Rodanthe with our free Redbox Monday night rental. It's a chick-flick kinda movie that stars Richard Gere. Elizabeth told me early on that even though Gere's getting older and is quite grey in the movie, she finds him "very attractive."

A few nights after that we watched First Knight, which stars a much younger and, quite frankly, much studlier Richard Gere. Multiple times throughout the movie I caught my wife with a glossy-eyed look on her face as Richard Gere (or Lancelot, as he's known in the movie) did something manly or romantic.

Tonight we were watching American Idol (which is not normal for us) and Carrie Underwood performed live with Randy Travis. I think Elizabeth caught the same glossy-eyed look on my face a time or two.

That's all.

4 comments:

  1. What did you think of Nights in Rodanthe? We redboxed that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam and I and Ashley Lang watched "Night in Rodwhatever" the other night. I rate it among the worst movies I've sat through in a long time. This coming from a guy that sometimes actually enjoys chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to say that I'm with Joel on this one. I was not a fan. And I often like chick flicks. This one was just pretty stupid to me. I don't get all stomach-fluttery over love letters written from the one-night-stand guy...

    I think it's a Nicholas Sparks thing with me. I don't like any of his books/movies that I've read/seen.

    Elizabeth didn't like it much either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur. Not a fan. There was no chemistry between the actors, and the whole plot was cheesy.

    ReplyDelete