November 18, 2008

"True Confessions" Inspired by Pam

I'm taking my sister-in-law up on her offer for her readers to write a true confessions post.

1. I watch television shows on hulu.com whenever I get the chance. It's mostly limited to The Office and House, but if I happen to have a chunk of time free and there are no new episodes of those two available, I'll watch 24. Sometimes this comes at the expense of my homework.

2. I like McDonald's food. I say this as a "confession" because I feel like many people in my circle of friends since college see McDonald's as disgusting, cheap, greasy, nasty food that they'd never eat. It's much more hip to eat from Subway and to shop at Whole Foods. Well, I like McDonald's. The fact that it's cheap is one of the reasons. Eating off the dollar menu is the smartest way to eat out (next to Taco Bell, the cheapest fast food there is). I also think it tastes good. Their nuggets beat everyone else's. So there. I said it.

3. I know more about The West Wing than many would consider healthy. I refer to it constantly. At least 5 times every day, something someone says triggers facts, lines, jokes, and snippets from the show in my mind. I've also chosen The West Wing as my "pet project" that I'm using to learn how to use iWeb on my MacBook (iWeb is a program that comes on a Mac that basically lets you build and publish webpages. I'm building a West Wing website as a way to familiarize myself with and learn the program.).

4. I'm a huge procrastinator when it comes to anything I don't like doing. The dishes -- we can do them tomorrow. Dinner -- let's just throw something frozen in the oven, because I don't want to cook. There are many others. Believe me. (if you're Elizabeth, you already do)

2 comments:

  1. Jake - John and I are re-watching the West Wing right now! I'm going to show my students the Big Block of Cheese episode to show them about interest groups. Okay, I'm showing my students the Big Block of Cheese episode because I love West Wing! And The Office. You just moved up on my list of favorite people because of your confessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. West Wing is by far the greatest show ever. And the Big Block of Cheese episode is one of my favorites (there are technically two "big block of cheese" episodes -- and they're both good). Thanks for affirming my nerdiness.

    ReplyDelete