June 1, 2008

Unsettled

I'm not really looking forward to the next couple of days.

The bookstore where I work is coming under new management/ownership in a couple of days. I feel very unsettled about the whole thing.  I personally have a lot of things I need to finish up at the store before I'm really ready for the "transition."  The new folks aren't supposed to be here until Wednesday, but I found out on Friday that they'll be in on Monday and Tuesday doing some preliminary work too, so now I don't know if I'm going to have the time I need to get things straightened up.  On top of all that, I have a ton of questions that have not yet been answered, because communication from those who know the answers has been severely lacking in recent weeks.  I feel jerked around both by my current employer, and the folks that are "taking over" and will be my new employer, because nobody has been upfront and open about sharing information with me or my coworkers.  At a time when my wife and I have almost no money and we're trying to survive the summer, it'd be really nice to feel some security and peace in my job, and I don't.  It's terribly frustrating and I wish I could skip ahead a couple of weeks so I'd know what my job will look like in the near future.

In other news, we watched a really great episode of The Cosby Show today when we got home from church, which made me feel good.  Church this morning was refreshing too, because I was able to chat with some folks that I hadn't seen in awhile.  And our senior pastor was back in the pulpit after a couple of weeks off, which is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment