January 29, 2010

A few random things

I was thinking today that I'm kind of a google-aholic. Here is a list of the google products that I use on a regular basis.

Talk
G-mail
Maps
Books (where I manage my library)
YouTube (yep, it's owned by google)
Blogger
Calendar
Docs
Reader
Groups
Analytics
Wave
Voice
Earth
Goog-411
Labs
iGoogle
And I use Google for all my web and image searching

There might be more, but these are the ones that just came to mind. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of you (Jase) use even more (like Picasa for your photos). Isn't that crazy?

Around here between January and April every year we have people dancing on street corners dressed like the Statue of Liberty (I think they're supposed to point you toward some tax agency with "liberty" in its name). Today I saw two of them on the same corner. Almost blew my mind. Are these crazy liberty dancers all over the country, or just in the Denver metro area?

The Denver area also has an out-of-control Canadian goose infestation each winter. Our church sits near a large open field, and we've got a decent amount of lawn where they like to eat, so different staff members here at church take turns going outside and looking like fools trying to scare the geese away. The geese are no longer scared of our wolf decoy. Sometimes they'll fly away if I pelt them with rocks. Other times they look at me like I'm a moron (and then I usually feel like one). It wouldn't be a big deal if they wouldn't poop so much (though I could probably say the same thing about some of the people in my family).

4 comments:

  1. We've got the statues of liberty too. I lock my door as I go by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have statue of liberty people too! only i thought they were giving out coupons for popeye's because they were walking around outside the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have them too. I think it's a really weird (and cruel) thing to get paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, statue of liberties here too. A lot of the ones around here are men too. Which is funny in its own right.

    ReplyDelete