January 12, 2010

California trip: Part 2

A few more pictures from the next couple of days of our trip, for your enjoyment...


Melanie wore pigtails on Saturday. A-DOR-A-BLE



Ana was trying to braid mom's hair. Brian and Melanie were trying to drive cars on mom's head.



On the pier at Port San Luis where we watched some pelicans dive-bomb for their fish food, and where we also watched the sea lions lay around and yell at each other.



The unconventional style of Brian riding on Dad's shoulders.



The two little ones dancing before church on Sunday.



Elizabeth and I drove up the coast today. I'd never been at the elephant seal viewing spot during the "birthing months" of Jan/Feb before! Elephant seals are gross... but the newborns almost have a hint of cuteness, don't you think?



A favorite family spot along Highway 1 (went for the soft, flowing water look)



It was a very foggy coastline today, but as always, very beautiful too.



We made it all the way to Monterey! A very pretty town.

Driving up the coast on Highway 1 is something it seems everyone in my family HAS to do when they visit California. It's easy to understand why if you've ever done it.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be there! Even if I just play with those adorable children! Oh my goodness I am overcome with jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous. I LOVE the coastal drive. A can't miss for anyone visiting the CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures Jake. Can't WAIT for our trip out there in July!!! It's not getting here fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pics! I'm Rachel's (the soon to be the new member of your fam), Mom, and we are going to CA in July with Rach and Jase so these pics get me even more excited to meet your family and see CA!! Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete