October 5, 2008

the Weekend

Elizabeth and I spent Friday and Saturday driving to and from Omaha, with a few hours in the middle to spend with Joel and Jase, and to hear Dr. D.A. Carson speak about suffering. It was really a fantastic trip. It cost us less than a trip like that should cost, the fellowship with my brothers was fantastic, and Dr. Carson's talks were intellectually stimulating, theologically challenging, and practically helpful.

By the end of the drive home, we were both totally pooped and I think I slept better last night than I ever have since getting married (the last hour of driving in the dark in the eastern Colorado desert was NOT fun).

Today I did homework and watched football. The "watched football" part can pretty much go without saying for the next few months when I'm describing Sunday afternoons... but I thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment