September 24, 2008

Grace

(for the record, my wife agrees with my "busy bees" post below)

I'm reading a book by Philip Yancey called What's So Amazing About Grace? because I tend to get very irritated with people very easily. I get mad when I'm driving because most people are terrible at driving -- and it's not that difficult of an activity. I get mad at work because most people lack either common sense or a sense of decency (and the problem is exacerbated by the fact that I have a higher standard for the students, faculty and staff who most frequently visit the bookstore, and who are surprisingly inconsiderate), or both. I get mad at the store because I tend to a) know exactly what I need and where to find it, eliminating the need to lolly-gag in the aisles, and b) be considerate enough to make every reasonable effort to stand off to the side out of the way when I need to take time for decision-making or consulting my wife.

Having said all of that, I'm working really hard this semester on seeing people through the eyes of Jesus; as creatures molded by God who he loves very much. I'm not that great at it yet. People still tick me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment