June 30, 2011

A couple of items to note

I think using manners is important, and I'm thankful that I grew up with parents who made me use them. It seems that truly polite people are tougher to come by these days. That's why I was glad to read Some Guy's blog post on Being Socially Responsible. His list of social responsibilities includes "say please, thank you, and you're welcome" as well as "hold doors open for others."

Also, I thought that some of you (particularly Joel & Pam, who have both academic and vocational interests in church worship) might want to check out Kevin DeYoung's two-part post on Ten Principles for Church Singing (Part 1 here, Part 2 here).

That's all I've got for you for now.

2 comments:

  1. Good article - I might repost. I really really like Kevin DeYoung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Do you read DeYoung regularly? He's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete