February 6, 2011

Psychic

I don't think I ever posted these on my blog, but if you read THIS post on my wife's blog from last September, here's what you'd find:

On our way home from a Labor Day Weekend trip to Iowa, Elizabeth and I made some football predictions related to the NFL season that was about to start. While many of our predictions were way off, my preseason pick to win the Super Bowl was the Green Bay Packers. My MVP prediction: Aaron Rodgers.

About an hour ago, the Packers won Super Bowl XLV, and Aaron Rodgers was named MVP. Am I good? Or just lucky.

3 comments:

  1. Ehemmmm...You 're good. So what are you going to do with the $50 may I ask? I need to make a bet like this with Pam. I need $50 so I can get my "pick-punch". BTW I am really quite happy for the pack and their QB. They really deserve it I think. And you know something. I kid you not. Packers fans are WAY easier to hang out with than Bears fans, and I'm a Vikings guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for the Packers too. Rodgers played so well! If his receivers hadn't dropped half a dozen perfect passes (including a probable touchdown), his numbers would have made jaws drop. And it's true, Packer fans are way cooler than Bears fans (and I would say better than Steelers fans and many other teams as well).

    My $50 was already spent (I had won the "bet" as soon as the Colts got beat a few weeks back). We went to a movie (The Social Network), ate dinner out, and I bought a DVD online (From the Hip).

    ReplyDelete