July 29, 2009

The Gospel

Below is a video of one of my favorite preachers, Mark Driscoll, on the Gospel. It's only three minutes long, and I don't know if I've ever seen a more complete description of the Gospel given in that amount of time.

For the record, my rough estimation is that somewhere around 50-60% of this would be left out or glazed over if Brian McLaren or Rob Bell were asked to explain the Gospel in three minutes. (I don't want this to sound like an emergent church-bashing post. In reality, as I finished McLaren's book last night, I thought about how a good chunk of it could actually be very useful reading -- and in fact was for me. I would probably even recommend it for certain friends of mine. I just think that there's a dangerous lack of truth in the overall message we seem to hear from such fellows, whom I will likely continue to read and engage with my thoughts.)

So here's the video,

1 comment:

  1. Amen. What a great clip! I also thought it was amusing that I saw your tweet on the side that said you had about 5 hours until you got to prepare for our trip, then looked down to see how long ago you posted it, and it said "about 5 hours ago." Your "about 5 hours" is up! It is now time for you to celebrate. Not me, but at least I only have one more day. Whoot.

    ReplyDelete