July 7, 2008

Road work

First things first:  If I'm ever president of the United States, I will sign some kind of executive order that FORBIDS any road construction along Interstate 80 for a single summer.  One summer of my life, I want that to happen.  For one summer before I die, I want to be able to drive for more than an hour on I-80 without having to slow down or risk doubled fines for road construction.  Once.

Elizabeth and I just returned to Denver after a 5 day mini vacation.  We were able to visit with a few college friends for a couple of hours, hang out with Elizabeth's family and extended family for birthday parties, grilling, and fireworks, and spend a solid chunk of time with Joel, Pam, and Gabriel. (note: Prior to this trip I believed that Gabriel only appeared to be the happiest, cutest infant in the history of the world.  Now I believe that he truly is.  It's not a joke.)  We took in a River Bandits game, ate Tropical Sno, played a little Nintendo Wii (I was a first-timer), and generally just hung out.  The driving was monotonous, but not too terrible (as good, I suppose, as a trip through eastern Colorado and all of Nebraska can possibly be).  It was a fantastic trip for us.  Our families all went out of their way to accommodate us and spend time with us, which is very great of them.  We don't get to see any of them enough.

All in all, Elizabeth eased up a little bit on the "I'll never move back to Iowa" rhetoric, and we both plan to give the idea some serious consideration once we get closer to finishing up our studies around here.

I'll be posting some pictures and even a video (assuming I can figure it out) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment